The site of 213 Mill Road has been in the ownership of the Holland family since the early 1900’s. Initially supplying yeast to Cambridge bakeries, the Holland business expanded to other food products, and this continued from the site even through the times of rationing in the war.
After the war the family grew the business and built a warehouse on the corner of Mill Road and Ross Street until the site became too small and inconvenient for the loading of delivery vehicles.
By 1975, 213 Mill Road was home to Dutch’s Corner Ltd, for the sale & repair of motor vehicles, with the addition of a petrol forecourt. This use of the site continued until around 1980, after which the building was home to numerous and varied businesses, including the locally well known Cambridge Bed Centre.
This client connection to the site and area remains, and the naming of buildings reflect the family connections.